Application period: February 1 – May 1 2019
Whether it is level design, gameplay design, scripting, quality assurance or game production management that you are most interested in doing for games, this program will get you into the industry with credibility through hands-on development experience in game design.
- Start working right after the education
- Located in Stockholm, SoFo
- Government funded with financial support from CSN
- 2 years (4 terms)
- 30 weeks of internship
Requirements to apply
- Grades or proof of post graduate qualifications from upper secondary school/high school or equivalent
- CV and a personal letter (letting us know why you have chosen the specific program)
- English 6 from upper secondary school/high school or proof of equivalent knowledge
- Work Sample (see more information below)
Work Sample Game Designer
Your work sample should aim at explaining the process in which you work and show your skills and strengths creating a small game.
- Showcase your game with the following formats; images, gifs or videos
- Explanatory text about your piece including the process of creating it.
- Maximum ten pages long.
- Save in PDF format.
- Name the file firstname_surname.pdf
Learning by doing, learning by reflection
Develop core competence in game development by having teachers from leading game companies teaching you the tricks of the trade. Get access to our creative environment, including computers and relevant development software. You will be growing and building your skills together with 240 highly talented classmates and senior game developers. Take part in intense game projects together with parallel Futuregames programs (Game Programmer, 3D Artist and 2D Artist) simulating professional game projects in order to reflect what you will be doing in the game industry and prepare you for an ever-developing and creative career.
We want to create pragmatic developers with a balanced and wide perspective of the entire development process, strong teamwork skills with a practical and proactive approach.
Close industry connection
This education is implemented in direct cooperation with the games industry and Futuregames’ Board of Education including: King, Avalanche Studios, EA DICE, Fatshark Games, Paradox Interactive, Starbreeze Studios, Glorious Games Group, Uprise and Really Interactive. Many more support this higher vocational program and around 20-30 game studios are involved in Futuregames every year.
- Game Design
- Level Design
- Gameplay Design
- Quality Assuarance
- Game Production
- Narrative design
Knowledge after completing the education
- Designing and analyzing game experiences
- Designing and building levels
- Thorough understanding of Unity and the latest Unreal Engine.
- Strong gameplay scripting skills (C# and visual scripting)
- Working client and customer focused
- Strong team and communication skills
- Designing for PC games
- Designing for mobile games
- Designing in a data driven way
- Understanding the entire production and distribution process of games
|Game production and visual game programming||25||5|
|Game project 1||10||2|
|Quality Assurance (QA) in game production||10||2|
|Level design and world creation||25||5|
|Pre-production in Unreal Engine (UE4)||10||2|
|Game project 2||20||4|
|Market analysis, CV and portfolio||10||2|
|User experience and interaction design||15||3|
|Pre-production in Unity||10||2|
|Project methodology in game development||5||1|
|Game project 3||35||7|
|Advanced game design||30||6|
|Game design thesis||50||10|
|Internship in game development||150||30|