Whether it’s character art, environment art, effects, UI or animation that you are most interested in doing for games, this program will get you into the industry with credibility through hands-on development experience in 3D graphics.
- Start working right after the education
- Located in Stockholm, SoFo
- Government funded with financial support from CSN
- 2 years (4 terms)
- 30 weeks of internship
Requirements to apply
- Grades or proof of post graduate qualifications from upper secondary school/high school or equivalent
- CV and a personal letter (letting us know why you have chosen the specific program)
- English 6 from upper secondary school/high school or proof of equivalent knowledge
- Work Sample (see more information below)
Work Sample 3D Artist
Your work sample should aim at explaining the process in which you work and show your skills and strengths using producing 3D graphics suited for games.
- A minimum of one piece showcasing your skill in one of the following formats; images, gifs or videos
- Explanatory text about your piece including the process of creating it.
- Maximum five pages long.
- Save in PDF format.
- Name the file firstname_surname.pdf
Learning by doing, learning by reflection
Develop core competence in game development by having teachers from leading game companies teaching you the tricks of the trade. Get access to our creative environment, including computers and relevant development software. You will be growing and building your skills together with 240 highly talented classmates and senior game developers. Take part in intense game projects together with parallel Futuregames programs (Game Programmer, Game Designer and 2D Artist) simulating professional game projects in order to reflect what you will be doing in the games industry and prepare you for an ever-developing and creative career.
We want to create pragmatic developers with a balanced and wide perspective of the entire development process and strong teamwork skills with a practical and proactive approach.
Close industry connection
This education is implemented in direct cooperation with the games industry and Futuregames’ Board of Education including: King, Avalanche Studios, EA DICE, Fatshark Games, Paradox Interactive, Starbreeze Studios, Glorious Games Group, NEAT Corporation and Really Interactive. Many more support this higher vocational program and around 20-30 game studios are involved in Futuregames every year.
- 3D Generalization
- Environment Art
- Texture Art
- Technical Art
- Character/Weapon Art
Knowledge after completing the education
- Understand and utilize an efficient workflow for game art creation
- Create high and low resolution 3D models
- Create high quality textures
- Create hard surface objects such as vehicles and weapons etc.
- Create characters and other organic models
- Adapt to a wide range of visual styles
- Set up and animate characters and objects
- Understand color theory, form, design and composition
- Understand the business aspect of the games industry
Curriculum – Course outline
|Course name||YH-points||Number of weeks|
|Maya and game engines||35||7|
|Game project 1||10||2|
|Game project 2||20||4|
|FX for games||10||2|
|Lighting and rendering||10||2|
|Project methodology in game development||5||1|
|Game project 3||35||7|
|Market analysis,CV and portfolio||15||3|
|Sculpting in 3D||15||3|
|Advanced game art||20||4|
|3D graphics thesis||50||10|
|Internship in 3D graphics||150||30|