Following up on the previous meet and greets hosted over the last years, Futuregames were happy to host the first TING at Boden Business Park. TING North got off to a great start!
Judging by the turnout for the very first TING North, it was clear that the event was very much appreciated. Over one hundred students from Futuregames in Boden and Skellefteå attended to pitch their portfolios to the studios.
Wes Ekman is a Game & UX Designer student in Skellefteå.
– I am here today to make connections within the gaming industry, get to know more people and hopefully in the future get an internship. Ideally, I want to work in game and level design. So somewhere where that is possible and where you can enjoy yourself. So far it has been great, I have met lots of really nice people!
– It is a good opportunity for everyone who studies up here, so that we do not have to travel all the way to Stockholm to meet with studios. It makes it more available for everyone: that we can meet people from the industry in person here.
Nelson Kossugam, Game Programming student in Boden agreed about being on “home turf”.
– This is really good, it is quite pleasant to be interviewed in the same environment as we work in, because it feels a little more like home to us. Also, a lot of these companies are not easy to reach out to – we cannot just expect to send out an e-mail to whomever and expect to get a proper answer.
Sebastian Ojala, Head of Studio at Pixadome at locally based Aurora Punks enjoyed his first TING:
– I have heard about the event in Stockholm and was very happy that they took this initiative here as well. I’m here to check out what interns are available. Aurora Punks was started by three students – and now there are 50 of us. So, it’s important for us to stay up to date with these educations. Even though 15 minutes is a bit short, I get to meet 26 students here today. You also get a personal impression, which is a hundred times better than a personal letter. So – great concept!
– This is a great set up, said Ingrid Fridesjö, CEO & Producer at Blamorama Games. I think 15 minutes is a very good time, to meet as many as possible. We have our team in Indonesia, but now we want to put together a team in Sweden as well. So today we are looking for local talent, where we can start with an internship and see how it works. We want to offer the trainees to do something completely new together with us producers.
– For us, the big advantage is that we don’t have to go to Stockholm, because we have our office in Luleå. Our studio will also be there, so it’s great to be able to meet everyone here in Boden. For a big studio it is easier to fly down to Stockholm, but for a small indie studio it is often resources and time we don’t have. And – Boden Business Park is impressive!
Liu Zhiao, Investment & Strategy at Netease Games, made his first visit to the north of Sweden.
– I am here to support Futuregames and Boden Game Camp, to interact with the students and feel the pulse here. We think there is something special with the education system in Sweden, and that is why there has been so many small teams creating great games with global appeal.
– The meetings I had with students has been very insightful, in terms of thinking what they want to do, how they want to plan their career, what kind of companies they would want to work for. And I think it is important to get a sense of what the young people are thinking.
Carolina Costa is from Portugal and studies at our Game Programmer education. We caught up with Carolina to learn more about what it is like to be an international student at Futuregames.
Linn-Marie Edlund is awarded the Elisabeth Tegner Scholarship. Promoting diversity in the games industry has been a guiding principle throughout her career
International students can now apply for Game Artist Specialization at Futuregames in Stockholm!
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||1 year||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the "Advertisement" category .|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
|CookieLawInfoConsent||1 year||Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.|
|PHPSESSID||session||This cookie is native to PHP applications. The cookie is used to store and identify a users' unique session ID for the purpose of managing user session on the website. The cookie is a session cookies and is deleted when all the browser windows are closed.|
|bcookie||1 year||LinkedIn sets this cookie from LinkedIn share buttons and ad tags to recognize browser ID.|
|bscookie||1 year||LinkedIn sets this cookie to store performed actions on the website.|
|lang||session||LinkedIn sets this cookie to remember a user's language setting.|
|lidc||1 day||LinkedIn sets the lidc cookie to facilitate data center selection.|
|UserMatchHistory||1 month||LinkedIn sets this cookie for LinkedIn Ads ID syncing.|
|_ga||2 years||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.|
|_ga_4979106P2K||2 years||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.|
|_gat_UA-3881199-3||1 minute||A variation of the _gat cookie set by Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to allow website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. The pattern element in the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to.|
|_gcl_au||3 months||Provided by Google Tag Manager to experiment advertisement efficiency of websites using their services.|
|_gid||1 day||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.|
|_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||30 minutes||Hotjar sets this cookie to detect the first pageview session of a user. This is a True/False flag set by the cookie.|
|_hjFirstSeen||30 minutes||Hotjar sets this cookie to identify a new user’s first session. It stores a true/false value, indicating whether it was the first time Hotjar saw this user.|
|_hjIncludedInPageviewSample||2 minutes||Hotjar sets this cookie to know whether a user is included in the data sampling defined by the site's pageview limit.|
|_hjIncludedInSessionSample||2 minutes||Hotjar sets this cookie to know whether a user is included in the data sampling defined by the site's daily session limit.|
|CONSENT||2 years||YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data.|
|iutk||5 months 27 days||This cookie is used by Issuu analytic system to gather information regarding visitor activity on Issuu products.|
|_fbp||3 months||This cookie is set by Facebook to display advertisements when either on Facebook or on a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising, after visiting the website.|
|fr||3 months||Facebook sets this cookie to show relevant advertisements to users by tracking user behaviour across the web, on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||5 months 27 days||A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface.|
|YSC||session||YSC cookie is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages.|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||never||YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.|
|yt-remote-device-id||never||YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.|
|yt.innertube::nextId||never||This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
|yt.innertube::requests||never||This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
|_hjSession_1118495||30 minutes||No description|
|_hjSessionUser_1118495||1 year||No description|
|AnalyticsSyncHistory||1 month||No description|
|li_gc||6 months||No description|