The third edition of the TING has been held. The week-long event where games studios from around the world get to meet the students at Futuregames was once again a success!
This was the first time Futuregames held TING at our new location in Hammarby Sjöstad, Stockholm. Over four days, 103 students had 550 meetings, online and “speed dating”, with the 35 participating companies.
We spoke to Kai Moore, Game Designer 21, just after an interview.
– The experience was really nice. Having come off two days with only online interviews, it is really nice to sit down in person, face to face. I am looking for a producer internship, which is a very unorthodox thing. But I have had quite a few interviews for producing specifically, which I was surprised by.
Futuregames students were looking for 30-week internships.
– I am here to find an internship and get interviewed by some cool people, said Fatima Alkhatib, Game Artist 21 in Boden, who is an international student from Palestine. I hope I can get a full-time job as a 3D artist, as it is my passion. I hope to find something that prepares me for a job like that. I also hope I can stay in Sweden.
– I have worked with a couple of start-up indie studios before. So now I want to try midsize to bigger studios to get that experience to be a smaller part of something bigger. My meetings went well, they said they liked my work. We connected on LinkedIn, and four of them wants to meet again. Which of course is nice to hear.
Some of the studios had particular positions in mind for interns, while others were at the TING to stay updated:
– We are here today to meet all the students we can possibly meet, said Eleonora Matrella, HR Generalist at Chief Rebel. It is really important for us to stay in touch with what is going on at Future Games. The set-up is very smooth, everything has been working fine. I was also here last time, and yes, you are keeping up the good quality. I like that it is very well planned and organized.
– This set up is awesome! I wish I had that when I studied, said Caio Braga, Production Director at Embark Studios. It is very nice to interact with the other companies as well. Embark has a very long interview process and it is usually quite hard to punch through for non-interns. Actually, every year we hire people from Futuregames for internships. As someone coming from Brazil and having worked in several different countries – I think it is one of the best schools I have hired from, for sure.
We are happy to announce that it is time for Futuregames Online Open House - International Students on December 15th. We can’t wait to meet you!
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-advertisement||1 year||Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the "Advertisement" category .|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
|CookieLawInfoConsent||1 year||Records the default button state of the corresponding category & the status of CCPA. It works only in coordination with the primary cookie.|
|PHPSESSID||session||This cookie is native to PHP applications. The cookie is used to store and identify a users' unique session ID for the purpose of managing user session on the website. The cookie is a session cookies and is deleted when all the browser windows are closed.|
|bcookie||1 year||LinkedIn sets this cookie from LinkedIn share buttons and ad tags to recognize browser ID.|
|bscookie||1 year||LinkedIn sets this cookie to store performed actions on the website.|
|lang||session||LinkedIn sets this cookie to remember a user's language setting.|
|lidc||1 day||LinkedIn sets the lidc cookie to facilitate data center selection.|
|UserMatchHistory||1 month||LinkedIn sets this cookie for LinkedIn Ads ID syncing.|
|_ga||2 years||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.|
|_ga_4979106P2K||2 years||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.|
|_gat_UA-3881199-3||1 minute||A variation of the _gat cookie set by Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to allow website owners to track visitor behaviour and measure site performance. The pattern element in the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to.|
|_gcl_au||3 months||Provided by Google Tag Manager to experiment advertisement efficiency of websites using their services.|
|_gid||1 day||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.|
|_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||30 minutes||Hotjar sets this cookie to detect the first pageview session of a user. This is a True/False flag set by the cookie.|
|_hjFirstSeen||30 minutes||Hotjar sets this cookie to identify a new user’s first session. It stores a true/false value, indicating whether it was the first time Hotjar saw this user.|
|_hjIncludedInPageviewSample||2 minutes||Hotjar sets this cookie to know whether a user is included in the data sampling defined by the site's pageview limit.|
|_hjIncludedInSessionSample||2 minutes||Hotjar sets this cookie to know whether a user is included in the data sampling defined by the site's daily session limit.|
|CONSENT||2 years||YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data.|
|iutk||5 months 27 days||This cookie is used by Issuu analytic system to gather information regarding visitor activity on Issuu products.|
|_fbp||3 months||This cookie is set by Facebook to display advertisements when either on Facebook or on a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising, after visiting the website.|
|fr||3 months||Facebook sets this cookie to show relevant advertisements to users by tracking user behaviour across the web, on sites that have Facebook pixel or Facebook social plugin.|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||5 months 27 days||A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface.|
|YSC||session||YSC cookie is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages.|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||never||YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.|
|yt-remote-device-id||never||YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.|
|yt.innertube::nextId||never||This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
|yt.innertube::requests||never||This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.|
|_hjSession_1118495||30 minutes||No description|
|_hjSessionUser_1118495||1 year||No description|
|AnalyticsSyncHistory||1 month||No description|
|li_gc||6 months||No description|