Futuregames Merit Scholarship Committee has chosen this year’s scholarship winners: Vui Kent Chua from Malaysia and Kateryna Kryshchenko from Ukraine.
Futuregames will offer one merit scholarship for an outstanding student to study with us at one of our 5 locations. The scholarship is awarded to an applicant who demonstrates outstanding potential. This year’s winner is Vui Kent Chua (Malaysia) – winner in the category “Futuregames Merit Scholarship”. Kent is accepted in the Game Programmer Specialization education in Stockholm.
– I was surprised, considering that Futuregames was only going to grant a single scholarship this year. I was also excited as it potentially opens more doors for me in the future. I thought that it would be impossible to get it but here I am, and I am super grateful that Futuregames has given me a chance to be a merit scholar.
“I can learn a lot from industry professionals”
– When I started doing research on Futuregames, the first thing that caught my eye was its internship program. Getting exposure directly within the industry is crucial in upgrading our skills in a lot of areas like time management, networking and more. With a strong connection to the game industry, I believe I can learn a lot of things from industry professionals.
What attracted you to Futuregames’ Game Programmer course?
– After discovering game development, I am always drawn to what is happening behind the scenes. I wonder how games come about and how game programmers write the code that made them work. Some of them require a good understanding of physics or mathematics, while others require making smart coding decisions. On Twitter, I can always see a lot of game programmers making interesting game mechanics that I have never thought of before. This just serves as great inspiration for me and shows me that I can create anything I want as long as I know how to code. With Futuregames, I am sure that I could achieve the dream of bringing ideas to life.
Kateryna Kryshchenkowins Merit Scholarship for Ukrainian citizens
This year, Futuregames are offering an additional Merit Scholarship to a Ukrainian citizen for the autumn school start 2023 for any of our full-time educations. Kateryna Kryshchenko is the winner in the category “Futuregames Merit Scholarship for Ukrainian citizens”. Kateryna is accepted in the Game Artist Specialization education in Malmö.
– Winning a scholarship made me exhale after a while, because all the hard work that I had been putting into my Game Artist portfolio finally paid off, it was extremely rewarding to know that I’ll be able to study in one of the best game development institutions in Sweden. Back to that moment of excitement I understood that dreams really come true if you put a lot of effort and calculate each step on your way.
Why do you want to become a Game Artist at Futuregames?
– The Game Artist program is a perfect fit for me because I have a deep passion for game concept creation from the very start to finish. I tend to get inspiration from game visuals like “The Last of Us”, “Assassin’s Creed Valhalla” and many more. It is my utmost desire to dive into 3D modeling and sculpting taught by recognised industry professionals. Moreover, having like-minded creative people by my side in the tech community would be highly beneficial for developing connections in this field and creating new breathtaking virtual experiences in the upcoming future.
– After successfully obtaining a Game Artist program, I will most likely go in for an internship in one of the best Swedish game companies, which will be a worthwhile experience and a first step into a professional world of game development. With gained skill set and networking during education, I set my expectations high enough to confidently enter the game industry and make a positive impact on extending virtual world creation.