Our overall vision for this education
- To create pragmatic developers with a balanced and wide perspective on the entire development process.
- To create developers with strong cooperative skills, who are used of working in teams.
- To create developers with a very hands-on and pro-active approach. Strong practical focus throughout the education. All courses are to result in a practical exercise. Learning by doing.
The program has been designed in close collaboration with representatives from the games industry and was designed to fit the industry´s demands and requirements. The program is 90 weeks in length, spanning a two years, and the next start is in September 2016.
Aims to train people for following specializations
- Level Designer
- World Artist
- Gameplay Scripter
- Gameplay Designer
- Mobile/F2P Designer
After the education the students will be able to
- Design and analyze game experiences.
- Design and build levels.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Unity and the latest Unreal Engine.
- Demonstrate strong gameplay scripting skills (C# and visual scripting)
- Work client and customer focused.
- Demonstrate strong team and communication skills.
- Design experiences for PC and console games.
- Design for touch devices, and upcoming devices such as the Oculus Rift.
- Design Free2Play experience and similar monetization.
- Design in a data driven way.
- Understand the entire production and distribution process of games.
Curriculum – Course outline
- Introduction to Game Development
- Game Design Foundation
- Gameplay Scripting
- Game Design Continued
- Level Design and World Creation
- Advanced Game Design
- Project Management
- Game Project 1
- Game Project 2
- Game Project 3
- Cognition and Interaction Design
- Entrepreneurship and Portfolio