Our overall vision for this education
- To create pragmatic developers with a balanced and wide perspective on the entire development process.
- To create developers with strong cooperative skills, who are used of working in teams.
- To create developers with a very hands-on and pro-active approach. Strong practical focus throughout the education. All courses are to result in a practical exercise. Learning by doing.
The program has been designed in close collaboration with representatives from the games industry and was designed to fit the industry´s demands and requirements. The program is 90 weeks in length, spanning a two years, and the next start is in September 2014.
Aims to train people for following specializations
- 3D Generalist
- Environment Artist
- Texture Artist
- Technical Artist
- Character/Weapon Artist
- Concept Artist
After the education the students will be able to
- Understand and utilize an efficient workflow for game art creation.
- Create high and low resolution 3d models.
- create high quality textures.
- Create hard surface objects such as vehicles, weapons and objects.
- Create characters and other organic models.
- Adapt to a wide range of visual styles.
- Setup and animate characters and objects.
- Understand color theory, form, design and composition.
- Understand the business aspect of the games industry.
Curriculum – Course outline
- Introduction to Maya
- Game Project 1
- Game Project 2
- Game Project 3
- Environment Art
- Hard Surface Modeling
- Character Rigging and skinning
- Project Management
- Dynamics and FX
- Lighting and Rendering
- Entrepreneurship and Portfolio